Australis Mix It Colour Correcting Foundation - Review and First Impressions!

by - 20:53

Hello All,

I hope you are all well and you are enjoying this gorgeous Spring weather (well here in Australia at least). Today I thought I'd bring you all a foundation review because I am always, always on the hunt for the perfect foundation and I know a lot of you are too. 

This month Australis brought out their new Mix It - Colour Correcting Foundation. This foundation claims to conceal dark circles, correct dull skin and neutralise redness. It does this by using three different coloured pigments. The first being yellow pigments to hide dark circles, the second being mauve pigments to correct dull, lifeless skin and the third being of course the green coloured pigments to correct and hide pesky red skin. This foundation sure does claim to do a lot (a lot of fantastic things may I add) so I definitely had to put this to the test. 





 This foundation comes in three different shades. None of these shades have names however because what Australis essentially want you to be able to do is to mix and max the colours to create your own perfect shade. I went ahead a trailed the lightest shade available because of my very fair skin.


The colour match on my skin really didn't turn out too badly! Yes, of course it was still slightly dark for me, but with my skin colour that is always, always going to be the case, no matter what foundation I use. I was incredibly impressed with the ease of application with this foundation, it seemed to glide on to my skin seamlessly. As this foundation claims on the bottle, it did give me a natural satin finish, however, I would not say this foundation is a medium to full coverage foundation, that is one thing I don't quite agree with. I would say this foundation give you a light coverage and can be built up if required by the individual. 


I took a very awkward looking selfie, un-edited and in natural light to show you guys what Australis looks like on my skin. As you can see, my dark circles are gone! I have no redness and my skin looks fairly bright and awake. Of course, as I said previously, you can still see my freckles (which I don't mind) but it does convey the fact that the foundation doesn't seem to be medium to full converge like it claims. 

PROS:
Light wight, creamy application and coverage.
Contains hydrating Argan oil.
Can be built up.
Makes your skin look awake.
Contains SPF 25 which is a MUST in every foundation. MASSIVE thumbs up from me!
Not tested on animals.
Smells actually quite pleasant. 

CONS:

Not medium to full coverage.
Can get oily and slip throughout the day.
I did have to powder like crazy as this is a satin finish and can appear quite shiny!
Colour selection isn't great but you can obviously mix and match.


Let me know in the comments below if this review helped you. Would you like more foundation reviews? 

Speak to you all soon!
Maddie xx

You May Also Like

0 comments