Building a house, by myself, at 24!

by - 01:47

WOW.

So this is what blogging feels like? I almost forgot. 
Guys, I must apologise immensely for being absent for the best part of a year. It has been quite literally crazy in Maddie's World. I made the decision not long ago, to focus on my life, my social life, my work life and my family.. meaning stopping blogging and Youtube altogether. 

But I'm back on Maddieslifestyle, and for the first time in a year - it feels right! 


Today I am starting a new series about my house build (WOO) - if you didn't know, back in October I bought a block of land using all of my savings.. and well, the rest is history. I am so beyond proud of myself and I also want to highlight to the young ladies out there that it IS possible to be independent, own your own assets and YES, build a house in your early twenties. 

Week 1

I'm calling this week one, because even though I have been paying my bills and mortgage since October, this to me counts truly as week 1 of my journey, because this week.. I chose my COLOURS etc! I have decided to go with 'Homes by CMA' a small building company situated in North Brisbane. This decision was not an easy one, and months of research went into it. On Thursday after School, I arrived at their small, personal offices in North Lakes (North Brisbane) to go through all things house.





I have inserted some pictures of some of the colours and shades that I ended up picking.
This is a hard process, so all the advice I can give you, is to take a friend or family member with you. Particularly if you are as indecisive as I am. Remember, the sales people are not your friends, they are sales people, don't let them sway you into anything, no matter how nice they may seem. You will often find that they try and push their personal tastes on you - refrain from being nice and just agreeing. It's okay if this step of the process takes you more than one visit. Do not rush yourself. Once you've signed that final contract - THAT'S IT! - unless you want thousands upon thousands of extra payouts. 

So, the next step of this process is going to commence on Thursday (and hopefully possibly Friday) this week coming. I am now going to meet with Homes by CMA again, sign the MAIN and final contract (I will talk about this in the future) and head to the bank to get the second half of my loan. 





For now, it is the waiting game.


If you have any questions about the whole process, leave a comment below or contact me via my Instagram. 

Love,
Maddie x

You May Also Like

0 comments