Building with HOMES BY CMA - The Builders I chose and why?!

by - 20:56

Howdy,


So I am back with another blogpost about my house building (does that even make sense?).  I have noticed when doing my research or when my young, single friends have been asking me questions about my my first home and how I could possibly be building by myself, the main question (or I guess statement) that I have been getting is 'but aren't all the builders super expensive and you only end up with a basic shell and nothing like the display home'. 



This is something that is quite big, because yes, most display homes you walk around.. well it is not, what you see is what you get, it is more like 'this is an extra, this is an extra.. oh no sorry that's an extra inclusion too' and yes, on a small budget, you do then essentially end up with a cave of a home, basic, not what you expected and disappointed.


The builders I am going with are 'HOMES BY CMA' and the main reason I picked them (out of many) was because they offer an absolutely amazing turn key package. Pay close attention to that term, turn key.

The lovely salesmen Paul, took me around the display home and pointed out all of the things that were indeed extra, add-on or luxury inclusions, and compared to other display homes, there weren't many, because with Homes By CMA, it is what you see, is what you get - more or less, give or take.


Their display home doesn't have WOW FACTOR, it doesn't blow you off of your feet. but it is apples, for apples. I could see that they were legit in the fact that they don't want to sale you a dream, or something that is beyond your reach, but something that is affordable and perfect for the first home buyer.


With just the basic price, I have a stand alone bath, a walk in pantry with ample space and shelving,  gorgeous large tiles with a stunning sheen and more - more than what I can imagine at 24.


In fact, the inclusions were so good, it left me a small amount of money that I could use towards upgrading bits and pieces that I wanted to. I upgraded my kitchen island bench (plus pantry) to waterfall ends, and a gorgeous marble effect SmartStone for just $1700 because by getting rid of certain bits and pieces, I actually had credit.

Paul made it really easy to customise my home at a fraction of the price as other big builders like Metricon or Plantation. And trust me, you guys know me and I DID my research, for 6 months I went round display home after display home by my lonesome, umming and arrring.

I could go on (and I will another time) but hopefully this gives you just a brief overview of why I chose Homes By CMA and why I am optimistic that they will produce my first home of my dreams. YES there are negatives that I have come across with this company thus far, but the 'sales' process and the planning was all smooth. I really do think, for ease, support and 'a family feeling' this small builder is perfect for a 'first home buyer'.... and hopefully I am not eating my words in a few weeks time.

If you do like the sound of Homes By CMA and have done a lot of research like I have/did, head on into one of their display homes. I am building a version of the Endeavor which is their display home in Burpengary. If you do go and decided you love them, be sure to ask for PAUL and mention my full name: Maddie-Louise - building the Endevour 


Any questions, ask below!





Speak to you guys soon!

Maddie,

You May Also Like

0 comments