Plans Approved By Council in less than a WEEK! | Building with Homes By CMA

by - 20:37

Hello all,

So yesterday (under all of that rain) I received my approved plans by the Council. I haven't had too much of a look at them yet - I kind of saw 'congratulations plans approved' and lost it with excitement.

Communication after I signed the HIA Contract seemed to stop from CMA, but I managed to get a hold of somebody (Lisa) who has been pretty consistent with replying to my emails and queries. I completely understand that I am not their only client and they probably receive an insane amount of calls and emails from clients every day, so it is refreshing that they are making the effort.

That being said, I actually asked Lisa if I could be CC'd into all communication - although that wasn't done, I did received a confirmation that my plans had been sent off to Council for approval. She told me it normally takes 4 weeks to get approval back.. but guess what? The Universe was clearly on my side, because it took less than a week! WHAT?!

I was emailed last Thursday to confirm my plans would be sent for approval the following day (that Friday). I then emailed this Tuesday (just been) to ask for confirmation that my plans had actually been sent (for my records). And then on Wednesday afternoon BAM - there it was. My plans had been approved, just like that.

I managed to ignore everyone else around me saying 'it will take a month, it will be the end of April before you even get round to building' etc etc, I have sent out positive vibes.. and really today I couldn't be happier. 

THANK YOU CMA!

Now we play the waiting game with the bank... (again, what's new?)

The bank are the ones who have really caused issues and this is due to the bank itself and not the people working in the branch that I am using. I now have to wait for my loan documents to sign (still because they said they had arrived last week and they hadn't, they said they had arrived yesterday and they hadn't and now they said they had arrived today and they hadn't). The new excuse today is 'the storm yesterday meant that we got no mail' - valid I guess, but lucky for them that they can use that excuse, because it's been weeks already anyway.

Lets just all send out positive vibes guys! MY HOUSE WILL START ASAP. MY HOUSE WILL START ASAP! I am started to lose hope... 

As always, any questions or comments leave below - and if you do fancy checking out 'Homes By CMA' see Paul at the Burpengary Display home and tell him Maddie-Louise sent you (make sure you let me know you mentioned me).

Maddie x

You May Also Like

0 comments